Saturday, July 26, 2008

4 for 4; Perfect Score


I have 4 kids. I have gone through (and am right in the middle of) 4 baby phases and I can say (with quite a bit of confidence) that I have extraordinarily good babies. Babies that are very mellow, content, happy and sleep through the night at an early age. I can't say that I have extraordinarily good toddlers, but I will stand by my claim that my babies are dang near perfect. Shaw is no exception. As his G'ma Ehman said, we've hit the "mother load" of goodness with this little guy. He is so happy and hardly ever fusses. If he does fuss, it's more of a series of whimpers and whines. He rarely out and out cries. He is getting into such a fun stage. He will be 3 months on August 2nd, and he is cooing and gurgling, smiling and laughing (especially when his ribs are tickled). He is blowing spitty bubbles and loves to carry on a conversation with anyone who will listen to the important things he has to say. He is our little charmer and we are all so in love with him. I just want to eat him up! He has also started rolling over onto his tummy (at 11 weeks). I think the kids will go through with drawl when they have to go back to school next month. Who knows what Taiden will do when he can't kiss him, oh, every 10 minutes! Shaw seems to be able to sleep at all the convenient times...through 3 hours of church, through movies at the theater, errands at the store, etc... We went up to Snowbasin today and Jeff and the kids did mountain biking while I relaxed at the base and he slept the entire time. We got home and then he was ready to play. I keep pinching myself. He is a dream baby. Then I remember that he too, like the other 3, will become a toddler and, as previously confessed, our toddlers are a handful. Our time will come...

Here are some updated pictures of him. These were taken at Lagoon on Pioneer Day. Isn't he sweet? Melt my heart!



4 comments:

Amy and Brad said...

You are so lucky! We ended up 1 for 4 in the easy baby department!

Shaw is so adorable. I am looking forward to meeting him and your other 3 as well!

Amy and Brad said...

Woops, make that "1 and 4" not "1 for 4"...we actually have five kids now that I think about it :)

Daina Crowell said...

Too CUTE! It is fun to see his own look coming through, no more newborn. I can see so much Macintosh! You done good! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! Don't empty the Lake before we get there!

Ann Gregson said...

I can't believe how much he has changed in two weeks. See you guys tomororw.