Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Big Sky Country


Take a look at this shot. Looks pretty "postcard perfect", huh? This is the view from the Gregson family cabin on Echo Lake in Montana. Absolutely gorgeous! It is amazing up there and an incredible place to vacation every August. Swimming and boating every day, constant cousin time, Tillamook Brown Cow ice cream, hiking in some of the most beautiful mountains around...a pretty idyllic getaway.

As a blogging beginner, I'm not sure what the etiquette is for blog lengths and amount of pictures posted in one single blog. I apologize if I break any major rules here. I've got so many snapshots that I want to keep tucked away for future viewing (like in the middle of winter) so I am going to post a lot here. 22 to be exact. Sorry for the inconvenience or violation of a blogging law unbeknownst to me.


Jeff with his Grandma, Bertha. She'll be 97 in October. A pretty amazing lady. She and Papa G (Jeff's grandpa) are the reasons why we have the cabin at Echo Lake. We all owe them many thanks for providing the family with a wonderful place to get some R & R.

Grandma is from the days when wearing a hat in the house (or in the cabin) was considered bad manners. She kept giving Jeff a hard time about his hat and kept telling him to take it off. He took full advantage of this situation and would tease her every chance he got. Actually, she looks very good in a ball cap.

You talkin' to me?

Way to go, Taider Bug!

Hooray for Kennedy!

Our annual family picture on the deck. Sorry about the backlight.

Jeff's sister, Shaunie, had her baby blessed while the family was altogether. These 3 cousins will be in the same grade when they are in school.

Cousin Leah. Look at those blue eyes!

Cousins are THE best!

We hiked up Jewel Basin and overlooked the valley below. Makes you appreciate all the beauty our Father in Heaven has blessed us with.

Kennedy took this shot with her new digital camera. Gotta love babysitting money!

Yes, he ate the whole thing...

The kiddos with Great Grandma Gregson

Cousin Will from Calgary

Who is willing to jump off the Tower of Terror?

Shaw will Auntie D from Seattle

Taiden goofin' around with cousin Duncan

Did you know there is a Gregson, Montana?

Mr. Wonder Baby! This is how he was the ENTIRE trip! This boy doesn't fuss! He is amazing and made traveling with a baby so easy. He didn't cry once in the car. Unbelievable!

Taiden's " Dead Man Drop" off the Tower of Terror!

3 tubes, 4 kids, and whole lotta craziness

That's my girl!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, We're officially jealous. Looks like a good time. Maybe next year . . .

Daina Crowell said...

I love this post. I too may be looking it over and over during the winter months. We had a great time with you guys and Sarah still asks when she gets to see cousin Kennedy again.
Did you seriously post a picture of me in my swimsuit online?! I do have a picture of you in a two story outside that I could post in retaliation :)
Amy we missed you guys!

Daina Crowell said...

I just reread my post and I meant to say two story OUTHOUSE!
Maybe if I work hard enough this year I will let you post a picture of me in bikini next summer :) ha ha